Swap possible? My e...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Swap possible? My early (January 2023) One spot for a much later one?

9 Posts
6 Users
2 Likes
(@mohit)
Topic starter  

I have a Fisker ocean one reservation that is apparently somewhat near the front of the line.  We’ve paid our $5250 and recently were told we need to lock our build by January 30, 2023. 

for a number of reasons we can’t take the car until later.  We still want the ocean one. 

do you know if it is possible to swap reservation spots with someone at the end of the queue… spot 5000 or 4999 or 4998 etc.

I am not wanting to exchange any money to do this. 

I emailed Fisker but haven’t heard back   My sense is this should not be a problem as many people much later in line are probably happy to swap spots?

thanks!

ReplyQuote
My23_Ocean
(@my23_ocean)

@mohit 

curious, what date did you pay your $5000 fee??  I paid July 10, 2022 and don’t have a date lock for final build.  I’m anxious to get my Ocean but not interested in swapping, which likely won’t help you.

Irv

ReplyQuote
BayouBob
(@bayoubob)
Club Member

Posted by: @mohit

I have a Fisker ocean one reservation that is apparently somewhat near the front of the line.  We’ve paid our $5250 and recently were told we need to lock our build by January 30, 2023. 

for a number of reasons we can’t take the car until later.  We still want the ocean one. 

do you know if it is possible to swap reservation spots with someone at the end of the queue… spot 5000 or 4999 or 4998 etc.

I am not wanting to exchange any money to do this. 

I emailed Fisker but haven’t heard back   My sense is this should not be a problem as many people much later in line are probably happy to swap spots?

thanks!

I cannot imagine that Fisker would be unwilling to put you until later in the queue. If they are difficult, I am sure you can find someone on here in the same state who would do a swap with you. Chat is generally more effective than email with Fisker. 

ReplyQuote
Carvana
(@carvana)

I really doubt if Fisker ordering system is flexible to do these things. To be honest, it is really buggy and does not do many basic things right. My order lock date got switched back to Q1. There were email glitches in between. I’ve no idea what my order sequence number is. I totally understand Fisker was spending time with the manufacturing all these days. Now its time to focus on Order processing, software glitches, delivery centers, more details on servicing, charging stations etc.,

Is the SUV production ready without any software glitches? Most of the functionality is driven by software, I assume! If it is, Im  concerned !

ReplyQuote
remichex
(@remichex)
Club Member

@mohit I cannot remember where but I did read (from Fisker) if you have difficulty taking your vehicle and need to delay they “can work with you”. I will go back and try to find the wording and direct it to you.

ReplyQuote
(@mohit)
Topic starter  

Thanks @remichex!  @my23_ocean i paid the $5000 in early July 2022 and order the Ocean in January 2021.

No reply from my email to Fisker.  I’ll try online chat as recommended.

ReplyQuote
X_Mangan
(@x_mangan)

I doubt they’ll let you move back, unfortunately. I’m in a similar situation where I’m also home shopping, so I don’t want to install a charger in my current home, and ideally would get the house before the vehicle. I may end up putting my One in storage for a few months if things don’t line up ideally, but I don’t foresee Fisker allowing me to delay receiving the car. 

-X

ReplyQuote
remichex
(@remichex)
Club Member

@mohit Go to the Fisker app or on computer. Go to “Frequently Asked Questions”. 

Tap on “Order” at the bottom of FAQ. Then read under the title “What if your delivery timelines
do not work with my schedule? Can I put my order on hold?”

I have screenshots pasted below from the site.

AE41A056 9391 4FF5 B870 3B9A0A251C63
6E6C24D7 CC9A 475C BE79 AF6BC4B1CE15

mohit reacted
ReplyQuote
Carvana
(@carvana)

My order date is July 9th and I got an email with a lock date of March and it went back to Q1 now.

Fisker ordering system is not transparent and buggy.

I hope the software in the SUV is bug free!

ReplyQuote
Share: