[Sticky] Fisker Ocean Big List of Questions (and Answers)
EDIT: Now organized into somewhat more logical categories
Here is a list of questions I have and that I have seen posted in the forums. Thought it would be useful to keep a running tally and their answers when they (eventually) arrive. Would welcome additions or any definitive answers if you have them! (Also posted on the "other" forum.)
Please note model abbreviations O/X/U/S (One, Extreme, Ultra, Sport)
- Powertrain, Range, & DCFC
- Size of battery (Gross / Net)?
- Max Charging Speed?
- 800V or 400v?
- 10% - 80% Charging time?
- Fast Charging plug-and-charge support? /Which networks? - yes for EA network (HF confirmed, 2019 press release) all networks to be on HMI, working on plug & play and discounts to be announced (2Q '22 Earnings)√
- Included free DCFC/how much / which network(s)? partial information: Allego "year of free charging" announced 7/21 in Europe, no details yet; 2019 announcement with Electrify America included "complimentary miles" but no details since.
- Range with 20” Wheels? – One/Extreme ~350, Ultra ~340, Sport ~250 (estimate, not yet confirmed)
- Range with 22” Wheels? – Minus ~20 miles (HF estimate)
- Top Speed?
- Selectable regen (real-time e.g. paddles, software setting)? - yes, selectable, HF confirmed to @surfrider, no details on how
- Will the chassis be dynamic/able to change the stiffness of the dampers?
- What type of 12V battery (LiON/LA)?
- Why type / brand of brakes?
- Exterior / Mechanical Features
- Ground Clearance? - ~8.5" with 22" wheels√ (as measured at santa monica by @sbmica )
- Height with Lift-Gate Open?
- 20” / 22” Tires run flat? – no run-flats or spare, only tire repair kit √ (confirmed by Sean at Fiskerati)
- Heat pump? - Yes for all models (HF confirmed Bjorn Nyland )√
- Matrix LED headlights?
- Are F5 / F3 wheels or covers? – F5 are alloy wheels, F3 are gloss alloy wheel with carbon fiber covers, F7 (20") are covers on a 7 spoke wheel. (press kit ) √
- Alternate styles of 20” wheels? - potential for alternate covers or removing covers (7 spoke wheel is finished matte gray with logo)
- Color of brake calipers? – Configuator shows blue, HF’s test vehicle has silver (final still unk)
- Power folding Mirrors? - Yes √ (confirmed at Pebble Beach).
- Windows tinted or IR blocking?
- Roof tinted or IR blocking?
- Bolted trunk, where does washer fluid go? - "cap is right next to wipers" √ (Fisker IG 7/22)
- Dual pane / sound dampening windows?
- Winter package features - F/R heated seats & SW, remote climate control, heated windshield (confirmed HF) washer & nozzles √ (2/22 press kit)
- What is the pedestrian warning (low speed) sound?
- Rear hatch hands free?
- Automatic/Rain-sensing Wipers? Yes √ (Press Kit 11/21)
- Rear camera spray / clean?
- Interior Features
- Legroom front/rear 41.1"/40.4" | 1045/1025mm
- Headroom unk. (press kit Feb 22)
- Ventilated Seat option? - No (confirmed by HF 9.11.22, fabric very 'breathable') √
- Adjustable Lumbar - driver / passenger)?
- Rear seat recline (elect or manual)? - partial Electric for One/Extreme, ink if it is an option for other (2/22 press kit)
- Power outlets (12 volt/AC) in front or cargo area? - Yes, 12 & AC power in cargo area (confirmed from production photos)√
- Wireless phone charger? - Yes confirmed in 2/22 press kit √
- USB C?
- Retractable Headliner? - yes, HF confirmed to @surfrider directly√ (unclear if optional)
- Is there a light in the rear cargo area? - three lights shown in Barcelona√
- Can Solar roof be tinted (affect power)?
- Open/close tailgate from driver seat? From app? Fob?
- Can rear seats slide forward to expand cargo space?
- Seat fold down / up switch / lever in cargo area?
- Isofix mounts rear/front? - In the second seat row, the two outer seats will have Isofix attachment points. A child seat can be secured to the middle seat via vehicle belt and safety clip.√ (Fisker FB response)
- Is there a Glove Box? Yes under seats√ (confirmed by HF on IG 8.15.22)
- Third row Seat option? No√ (per HF interview Barcelona)
- Taco Trays? Yes, driver and passenger in the One/Extreme √ (unknown in other models HF interview with Fiskerati 8.22).
- ADAS & Navigation
- FIP Summon feature?
- FIP Level 2 / 3 freeway with Automatic Lane Changes? - Lane change assist (driver signals, car makes change), drives in traffic jam below 40 mph, other features and future capabilities are unk
- FIP Hands-free capable? - No √ (Press Kit 2/22)
- Any FIP subscription cost?
- Route planner w/calculated battery percentage and charging stops? Yes, being integrated with all networks in Europe & US (2Q '22 Earnings)
- Other Electronics / Tech
- Support multiple driver profiles?
- Key fob included? – CORRECTION: at least one fob included with O/X/U/S √ (confirmed by Fisker 7/28/22)
- RFID Key?
- RFID Keycard included / available?
- Auto Lock/unlock (approach / walk away) - partial Confirmed for One/Extreme, may be option for other (2/22 press kit)
- Homelink Support?
- HUD? - Confirmed No√ (skvbfx from Fisker DM)
- Connectivity subscription required/included months/cost?
- Apple Carplay/Android Auto?change - maybe not - HF post on IG 9/27???
- Sirius/satellite radio? - yes, HF confirmed to @surfrider directly√
- Sentry Mode / Gear Guard equivalent (with live viewing)? Confirmed Yes √ (HF on IG 8/22)
- Dash Cam function? - yes, HF confirmed 8/22 on IG√
- Pet/Dog mode? - yes, HF confirmed 8/22 on IG√
- Cabin/overheat protection?
- Side Camera activation with turn signal like Ioniq/Tesla?
- What is Limo Mode? - Control rear climate, sound, and seat recline from read screen√ (2/22 press kit) O/X only
- Rearview mirror camera mode? - Yes. O/X/U/S Digital Mirror acts as mirror or flip switch and it becomes a screen showing rear camera view. √ (2/22 press kit)
- Hypersound system play flac files (5.1 or Atmos formats)?
- USB C audio / video connection?
- Home Charging
- V2H capability? - Yes √ (Press Kit 2/22)
- V2H will Fisker offer ancillary equipment required/installation partnership? Yes, partnership will be announced soon for home charging installation. (2Q '22 Earnings)
- V2V Capability - Yes √ (Press Kit 2/22)
- Ordering & Delivery
- When will other paint colors be available (in time for One orders)? Second half of 2023 (HF IG post 8.3.22)
- Shipping locations for no extra charge?
- Timing & locations for in-person viewing / test drives? Brand Centers will be location except in places where not allowed, new locations to be announced before Nov., currently negotiating leases for integrated brand/service centers (2Q '22 Earnings)
- When are orders opening for Xtreme/Ultra/Sport? Extreme Nov 18 22, U&S 1Q 23 (2Q '22 Earnings)
- What are the X/U/S pre-order deposit amounts/refundable?
- Order to delivery timing following X/U/S models? Extreme Models Start in Late July 2023, Ultra and Sport in October 2023 (email confirmation from tax credit firm order 8.7.22)
- US customers able to place a "written binding contract to purchase" before year end to be eligible for the EV tax credit? Yes, ready to go if legislation moves forward as-is (2Q '22 Earnings)
- Service & Warranty
- Service centers in US (Firestone/other)? Firestone/Bridgestone in US confirmed, coupled with mobile service, Fisker-operated service centers, and partners for collision shops (2Q '22 Earnings)
- Service centers in EU? - - partial answer: Bridgestone in Germany and France; Mekonomen for Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark;
- Service Centers UK? - Cox Automotive and Rivus (Fisker Press Release)
- Loaner vehicles during service?
- Warranty Transferrable?
- Automatic e-call emergency in event of accident? - Yes, confirmed for all of Europe and US. (2Q '22 Earnings)
- Charge cable included (what power)?
- Trailer Hitch Option Availability / Cost? - Available as an option pre One launch, no cost yet (company confirmed on Twitter)
- Available roof rack? - yes, HF confirmed to @surfrider directly (timing and cost unk)
- Mud flaps included / optional?
- Touchup Paint Kits Available?
- Wheel locks?
- Fog lamps?
- Rubber floor mats (with Ocean logo)?
- Cargo net?
- Cargo cover?
- Crash test release timing? Internal crash testing completed achieved 5 stars. External timing depends on agency. (2Q '22 Earnings)
- Independent review timing? Released of review cars first week in Nov (2Q '22 Earnings)
@bayoubob These are all necessary and important questions that we need answers to. I'm sure that slowly more specs and functionality will be revealed.
I asked Henrik about interior shade and if the Ocean would have a retractable headliner, and he said yes. I hope that will still be the case.
Well. I was going to try to keep this evergreen with additional questions and answers, but cannot figure out how to edit the original post. Sean, any help on that?
Some random thoughts.
Is there a light in the rear cargo area?
12 volt plugs? Front and cargo area?
@nauchance thx, added it to the big list on the other forum where I can edit.
dimensions of rear cargo area with seats still up. I want to make a custom cushion/bed area for my pupper 🙂
Will I get my Fisker One delivered before my VW needs its 100K service?? The race is on..
and…… will we still get the $7500 tax credit? Only HF knows…
@bayoubob Can you add This:- What color are the calipers on the Ocean One as some show blue
@bayoubob was wondering about laminated glass windows for quietness. Even the Ioniq 5 has laminated glass all around
@bayoubob You should be able to edit your own topics and posts. That functionality is now live!
Can you add this :
1) If you tint the inside of the solar roof will it affect the charging capabilities of the solar charging
2) When you walk away from the car does it auto lock
3) I read the back seats can recline - Is that a manual or electric process adjustment
@subwiz123 Added. Answer to walkaway locking is Yes for One/Extreme, not listed for other models, unk. if it will be an option.
@subwiz123 For #3 I believe we already have an answer there. At least with "Limo Mode" which is a One/Extreme only thing. They are electric according to the website.
"In the all-electric Fisker Ocean, passengers in the second row can relax in spacious comfort while controlling the environment of the rear cabin with a digital touchscreen. This optional feature, usually reserved for high-end luxury vehicles, allows backseat riders to adjust the temperature and fan speed and control media volume. A separate control reclines the rear seat electrically for ultimate comfort."